We are now able to provide further details covering the phased return of rugby activities at Henley RFC from Monday 29 March.
The RFU has provided additional guidance and information to support the RFU Return to Community Rugby Road Map which can be viewed here - RUGBY ROAD MAP - MARCH 2021.pdf.
Stage D1 (from Monday 29 March) and Stage D2 (from Monday 26 April) guidance below includes advice for incremental contact training, building up to a max of 20 mins per session, excluding scrums and mauls, recommended coach to player ratio, equipment use and sanitisation advice.
• Full Stage D1 and D2 guidance.
• Examples of types of contact permitted in training here.
• 10 minute video outlining key information to support the return to Stages D1 & D2.
• Presentation slides summary from RFU Coach Development.
• Coaches Q&A webinar on Stages D1 and D2.
The restart at Henley RFC will progress as follows:
Kids First & Juniors
Midweek Kids First & Juniors training will restart from week commencing Monday 29 March with sessions scheduled for Wednesday 31 March (6.00pm to 7.00pm) and Thursday 1 April (5.30pm to 6.45pm).
On Easter Sunday (4 April) the scheduled Kids First & Junior training sessions will restart and continue throughout April, May and June subject to government and RFU guidelines. These sessions will follow the site capacity, timetable and pitch allocations previously agreed and circulated to coaches and parents.
Further details on rugby activities throughout June, July and August will be announced shortly.
Henley Hawks Squad
Training and Touch Rugby sessions are scheduled for Tuesday 6, 13, 20 and 27 April (7.00pm)
Henley Hawks Women
Training, Touch Rugby and Squadron (Ready 4 Rugby) matches will restart on Tuesday 6 April (7.00pm) and are scheduled for each Tuesday and Thursday throughout April.
Henley Viking and Henley Vultures
Touch Rugby and Ready 4 Rugby sessions will restart on Thursday 8 April (7.00pm) and will run on a weekly basis until further notice.
COVID SAFETY GUIDANCE
- Please do not attend training if you or anyone you live with are isolating or has COVID-19 symptoms
- Social distancing guidelines must be adhered too. Currently 2 meters apart except during permitted activity and within adapted contact rugby
- For track and trace purposes, attendance will be recorded
- When inside any venue facility please make sure you are wearing a face covering
- Hand sanitiser will be available throughout the club
- Players must have a named water bottle and bring their own towel
- Changing rooms remain closed
- Clubhouse remains closed expect for a takeaway service
- Toilet facilities available
- You must inform the club/coach/team manager as soon as possible, if you test positive with Covid-19 having attended training within the previous 48 hours and please do not attend the venue.
We must respect the spirit in which grassroots sports have been granted permission to return. Please refrain from huddling together adjacent to the clubhouse and on pitch sidelines.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Dry Leas